Asko Lax first thought of a simple, wooden pendant lamp shade while traveling in Japan. Inspired by the traditional rice paper pendants he wanted to combine their lightness and portability with the elegance and durability of wood.
Together with a good friend, engineer and mechanical expert Kalle Heiskanen they began to develop the idea and founded Loivu in 2015. The company designs and manufactures interior design items from natural materials. The pendant is the first release in their range of products for homes and public spaces.
Asko Lax, Designer
- Oulu University, Department of Architecture 1980-1986
- Art Center of College of Design, Pasadena 1991-1993
- Mass production furniture design, industrial design for consumer electronics and it-technology
- Creation and implementation of corporate design strategy, design and brand management
- Architecture, interior design and urban master planning in more than 20 countries
Kalle Heiskanen, CEO
- Master of Engineering, Industrial Management 2015.
- Bachelor of Science, mechanical engineer 2001
- Wood Technician 1994
- Carpenter 1990
- Mass production mechanical design for consumer electronics
- Business development, management and consulting